>

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Laid Back challenge


Just finished part of a challenge set up by Daphne at TalkCrafts Forum . She sent all of us three plain tiles to turn into anything we like. I decided to make a pendant and a mini book. I first applied a coat of gesso, then stippled all over with Lumiere Halo Pink Gold acrylic. I stamped an image selectively in Black Stazon using the Kodomo 'Plum' stamp and hand coloured in the plum flowers using a water brush and USArtQuest 'Jewelz' Duo Red-Blue mica paint. I then applied a transfer of a bird with Glossy Accents and sealed all with a thinned down glaze of Glossy Accents (applied by large brush).
I strung the pendant with Japanese Mizuhiki cord in emerald and gold, threading a number of pale orange glass seed beads to form a loop at the bottom. Although you can't see it in the pic I have used a screw clasp to secure.

Loved doing it, and have nearly completed my mini-book using two tiles.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...