>

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Stampbord Egyptian Book

This little book was done as a Stambord Challenge with TalkCrafts Forum members. The challenge was to produce something using Stambord. I decided to use two pieces of 2 inch square Stambord as my base and went for an Egyptian theme.


I first coloured the front and back Stampbord pieces with Whispers dye inks applied and blended with a piece of Cut 'n' Dry foam in Sunshine, Barn Brown & Mossy Stone. I set these with a heat gun before applying an Egyptian hieroglyph cube stamp from Judikins (Artifacts Cube), in black Stazon which I set again with a heat gun. I then edged the pieces with gold Krylon pen.

I cut a concertina insert for the book out of cream laid Conqueror paper with four panels. I then stamped a crackle background in Mossy Stone using a Crafty Individuals rubber stamp.

I then stamped out a selection of images on cream & brown card from the Nonsequitur Egyption stamp plate using Versamark and I heat embossed these with a selection of EP's to compliment the colourway of the book. I cut these out and applied to the panels within, also stamping choice words in black Stazon directly on the panel papers.

Once complete I tied the book closed with a piece of gold braid. To finish I made a pouch out of black velour and adhered a cartouche panel onto the front.



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...