>

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Take Flight & Enjoy Each Moment !



This little plate was made as my first entry for Sunday Stamper (No.105) challenge, whose theme this week is 'Wings'.  I just had to have a play with my new Sizzix 'Alterations' heart wings die by Tim Holtz which has a pair of wings as some of the die cuts. 

I cut the wings from grungepaper and then dabbed on gold paint dabber.  Once dry they were embossed through the TH  'cracked glass' embossing folder to add some texture.  The wings were then swiped with chipped sapphire Distress ink and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder.  I next stamped the ladies head (Collagabilities - Let's Face It) in onyx black Versafine and cut out before colouring with Marvey Le Plume II pens.





The background was cut from fuschia cardstock and first stamped with a roman key design (Cherry Pie Stamps) in onyx black versafine on two corners. Next an urn stamp also from Cherry Pie was stamped in vintage sepia Versafine as shown.  I then took a swirl from the same plate and inked this with Versamark (to provide a watermark effect) and stamped as shown.  I then added some detail clear embossing powder and heat embossed.



The edges of the card were inked with victorian velvet & chipped sapphire Distress ink blended with cut'n'dry foam.  Some drops of water were flicked onto the ink and it was dried with a heat gun to set. The background was matted onto some dark violet textured cardstock and this was also edged with chipped sapphire Dustress ink.


I then added the face and wings on foam pads and added rub-ons saying 'enjoy each moment'.  The colours are really rich and I like the Romanesque effect I managed to achieve.

Sid xx

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Oooh, gorgeous piece of art Sid, am sooo green you have those dies, I neeed them LOL THanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper :O))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this piece, the rich colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore this, Sid. I love the effect of the white image on the really vibrant background, and I love all the stamped details and the embossed wings. Totally up my street!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant stamping & design Sid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving those bright vivid colours, very cheerful xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sid. Thanks for calling by my blog. I love to see what you have created here. I love your choice of colours - so vibrant :-)
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those wings are very cool! Thanks for describing how they were made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog and am so pleased I did. Love your wonderful creations and the colours in your Take Flight piece are fantastic! Penny

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...