>

Monday, December 13, 2010

Altered Envelope




This piece started life back in our November  retreat in Yorkshire when I was presented with a green A5 Transit Envelope by HannahBanana !  I thought 'What am I going to do with that?'  I then started making elements for it but have only just completed it.  Lot's of borrowed punches and other things enabled it to come to fruition......so thanks to all who provided !

The central plate was made first and I used allsorts on it, various stamps (PaperArtsy) stamped in black archival ink, formed the basis and Distress inks layered in colours.  A punch for the right edge (love this one....but can I source one at the moment ?).  Some heat embossing using an ink blot stamp with copper embossing powder & Versamark ink, Glossy Accents and  Stickles glitter glue.  I also used the house border die-cut scrap as a stencil and coloured in a 'shadow' image at the base with moonlight white Brilliance ink applied directly from the pad.






The green envelope itself was coloured with green and blue Distress inks over the TH swirl stencil to set a background.  I used a rectangular piece of green linen textured cardstock as a base and punched out the edges with a snowflake edge punch from Martha Stewart.  This plate was coloured with forest moss Distress ink and a blending tool with cut'n'dry foam.




The 'Do Not Open Until Dec 25th' stamp (PaperArtsy) was stamped onto white card, punched out and coloured with the blending tool using forest moss and worn lipstick Distress inks.







The houses (die-cut using a Sizzix TH 'On The Edge' die), was coloured with Distress inks and heat embossed with various glitter embossing powders and rubbed over with forest moss Distress ink to tone down the colours.







All elements were assembled and stuck into place and a few large snowflake images were stamped with Brilliance platinum planet ink.




Finishing touch was to add a tan button threaded with a couple of holly berries and a couple of sequin holly leaves.  These were adhered with a large glue dot.

This one would make a great envelope for money or gift coupons to give as a Christmas pressy !

Sid xx

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful, I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! So inspirational! I love it Sid! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely envolope! Great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only just found mine! They were squeezed in my bag in between lots of other 'stuff' when I was looking for something at the crop this Saturday.

    I really like the pink you've used with the green. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great piece of art..........what a fun thing to do with the envelope

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the elements in this Sid :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous - love that row of houses xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun thing to make - and such a lovely thing to treasure to remind you of your weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great envelope really like all the layers on it..I like all your tags too you have been a busy bee

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've transformed that old envelope into a treasure gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a huge amount of work has gone into this Sid - it's truly stunning - I'd love it without any money in it! Think I might have a go doing something simila - not sure that a transit envelope is - but I suppose I could jazz up any envelope to put money in.
    x

    How funny - the verification letters say 'summertyme'

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...