>

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Domino Reflections





I have decorated a domino !   The shot above makes it look huge but it is actually only 2in x 1in, just wanted to show the detail...........

I started by sandpapering the plain side of the domino to afford a key before painting with 3 coats of pearlescent emerald Lumiere paint, ensuring it was dry before applying each successive coat.







I then stamped a small flower stamp in black Stazon several times as shown and infilled with a gold Posca pen.  The word 'Reflect' was stamped in gold Stazon.






Once thoroughly dry, Glossy Accents was applied to all sides of the domino as a strong glue before dipping in Ranger calypso Beadazzles to afford a bit of glitz.

Sid xx

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. fab Sid. love your beady edging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab domino Sid, the gold Stazon looks really opaque on the word and the micro beads make a great finish for the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sid, good job you said, as it certainly doesn't look like a domino, brilliant transformation and of course, stunning colours.

    Sam xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cool domino! I love all the little beads to!

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love the beads on the edge Sid! Great domino!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. Should I ask WHY you decorated a domino?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pink and green....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great - love the sides.
    Hugs, Neet

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful domino, Sid! I love all the detail! Please visit my blog-
    http://studioatthelake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab domino Sid. I thought at first it was a tin and that green paint is so luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo nicey nice! I am going to try one tonight, not done one before....

    ReplyDelete
  12. That beauty must have taken days to complete ! The finished project is awesome . Truly a work of art .
    Love the stamping and colouring .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this - my fave colour of green and those beads are lush

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great alteration. Wish I could get close up pics that close and stay in focus!! cheers Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really rich colours and the stazon looks good too. Love those micro beads it really sets it all off. It almost looks like lush green silk, being complimented by those beads. If it wasn't for the modern stamping, I could picture it coming from a 'Downton Abbey' sitting room.

    I adore your journalling too - fresh and original

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...