>

Friday, February 10, 2017

Follow My Heart ....



I have a lot of materials but have not really made many multimedia pieces in the past. This multimedia piece is on a piece of compressed wood measuring 6 x 6 inches.

I started by spreading a fairly thick coat of Viva Decor Croco Crackling Colour (try saying that fast !!).  I used Bronze, Platinum, Gold & Turquoise.  I applied it in blocks which blended a little where they touched.  I must say they really did 'crackle' when they had dried (around 12 hours drying time). I quite like the way the raw wood shows through the cracks in places and I did originally think about gessoing the wood base first but decided against it.





I then took an old Tim Holtz design die from Sizzix called 'Heart Wings' and diecut the design out of kraft card.  I embossed the wings through an embossing folder and then painted them in gold acrylic paint.  Once dry I highlighted the embossing with some pink pearlescent acrylic paint.  The solid back of the heart I covered in Tim Holtz Tissue Tape whilst the swirly front of the heart I gave a couple of coats of the same pink pearlescent acrylic paint and when dry edging with a black Posca pen.  The crown was painted in silver acrylic paint and 5 self adhesive crystals were added after edging with dots in black Posca pen.





Before I attached the wings and heart I inked a rubber alphabet stamp in black Stazon and stamped randomly on the crackle finish.  I didn't use a block but applied directly with my fingers as the surface was so uneven.




The wings were applied with hot glue and I raised them on foam pads, followed by the heart back then the heart front again raised on foam pads.  The crown was also applied on foam pads.




I then stamped the sentiment on white card in black Versafine and applied as shown with more hot glue.  I edged the whole thing with Washi Tape.  I also added a hanger made from florists wire stuck in place at the back with hot glue to finish the piece. I have also entered my creation into The Artistic Stamper February Challenge whose theme is 'Hearts'.

I really enjoyed making it and it has got me thinking about more multimedia in future.  Hope you like it.

Sid xx

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Stunning Card Sid! Thank you for sharing with us in The Artistic Stamper Challenge Blog. I just want to touch it! - Debs DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really awesome post this is. Truly, one of the best posts I've ever witnessed to see in my whole life. Wow, just keep it up. SEO Do-follow backlinks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see some amazingly important and kept up to length of your strength searching for in your on the site SEO Do-follow backlinks

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...