>

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Butterfly Birthday ......



Weather is not summery at all here in the UK so made this Summery birthday card to lift my spirits.

Started with a 5.5 x 5.5 inch white card blank.  I then diecut a slightly smaller stitched square out of white card.  I made a masterboard using a selection of acrylic paints and from this diecut the butterfly saving the cut outs..

I then diecut 3 concentric stitched circles  in black, teal & lemon.  I reused the aperture made by diecutting the butterfly and diecut this with a circle the size of the black circle as a backing.  The circles were then matted and the butterfly mounted back into the aperture leaving the wings free to move.  I hand drew in the antenna with a fine Micron pen.

The circular matt was attached to the centre of the square as shown and the butterfly cutouts applied in a pleasing manner.

The sentiment (Papertrey Ink) was stamped on white card in Versafine black ink, trimmed out and applied on foam pads and placed as shown.  Finally the white square was mounted on more foam pads onto the card blank to finish the card.

Sid xx

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning card, fabulous vibrant colours and beautifully designed, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Poland we had a lot of sun, I would even say that it was too much last week.
    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolute stunner this is Sid - great use of the layers and cut out butterflies.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wonderful colours on the butterfly - a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...